- 1/3 cup coconut oil (slightly warm)
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic (medium size)
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
Measure out all ingredients and peel the garlic.
Add all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend.
Scrape down sides of the blender as needed and continue blending until it's nice and smooth.
Pour into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- This salve smells very strongly of garlic, use multiple times daily.
- Salve is good for croup coughs, deep coughs, coughs accompanied with phlegm/mucus, and dry coughs.
- This salve is not good for whooping cough.
- Keep using salve for a couple days after your cough goes away to be sure it doesn't come back.
- If your cough is persistent, check out this video on How to Make a Mustard Plaster.
We want to see! Tag @homesteadingfamily on Instagram.