- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried rose petals
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp rose hip seed oil or other facial oil
Combine the rolled oats and dried rose petals into your coffee or herb grinder and pulse until coarsely ground.
In a small bowl, add honey and rosehip seed oil, stir to combine.
Add ground oat and rose petal combination and stir well until combined.
Store in a sealed glass mason jar.
- To get 1/4 cup dried rose petals, you'll need to harvest about 1 1/2 cups fresh rose petals.
- Use a coffee grinder for easy griding. You can use a mortar and pestle as well.
- To easily clean your coffee grinder between uses, grind some whole grain and grind for about 10 seconds.
- It's easiest to work with honey that's slightly warmed up, you can do this by placing your bowl of honey in about an inch of water in a pan on the stove and simmer until honey is a soft liquid.
- If you can't find rosehip seed oil, you can use any other good quality facial oil.
- The face wash can be stored for about two months as long as no water gets into the jar. I recommend making in small batches so it's nice and fresh.
We want to see! Tag @homesteadingfamily on Instagram.