- 1 tbsp ginger grated (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 3 tbsp sorghum or molasses, honey, maple syrup, etc.
- 3/4 cup water hot, but not boiling
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar organic and raw, with the "Mother"
- 3 cups water or fruit juice of choice
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne optional
Add grated ginger and sweetener of choice to a quart-sized mason jar.
Pour hot water (not boiling) over the ingredients and stir until combined.
Add three cups of cold water, then add the apple cider vinegar. If you want to flavor your switchel, you will omit the additional water and use a fruit juice of choice at this time.
Finally, add a pinch of sea salt and up to 1/8th teaspoon cayenne, give it a final stir, pour over ice and enjoy!
- Can use any sweetener of choice (sorghum, maple syrup, honey, molasses, stevia, white or brown sugar).
- For an extra boost of energy, add up to 1/8th tsp cayenne pepper.
- To flavor your switchel, swap 2 cups of the water for any fruit juice of choice. Or add in a squeeze of your favorite citrus, or macerate berries into your drink. The options are endless, so have fun with it!
- The nutrition facts above are calculated using water and sorghum syrup.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 56mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg
We want to see! Tag @homesteadingfamily on Instagram.